Stress of oil spill still lingering in Orange Beach, Press-Register, September 27, 2010:
Councilman Jeff Silvers receives phone calls in the middle of the night. The citizens on the line tell him that BP is spraying oil dispersant over Perdido Pass “from an airplane with no lights,” he said, or that workers on boats are covertly dumping it into the water. ...
A frequent concern is reports and rumors of toxic dispersant in the air.
- Corexit being used “as we speak” — “Sprayed directly into inland waters” (VIDEO)
- BP BACKPEDAL: WE are not using dispersants, but NOT CERTAIN about others — “We have lots of contractors, but no one should be using them”
- Oceanographer: “Grave concern” over reports of continued dispersant use — “I’ve seen similar things offshore Louisiana” (VIDEO)
- Boat captain hired by BP finds DISPERSANT in Florida CANAL weeks after well capped, supervisor says it’s algae: “No f___ing way — Idiots”
- Scientist confirms BUBBLING water: One inch bubbles float up and “pop leaving a small oil sheen”, appears dispersant still reacting with crude
- Mayor: Reports of “Mystery Dispersant” in Florida; Sprayed workers sent to hospital, then blood testing
- Coast Guard admits dispersants still in use “over the wellhead”
- Commander equivocates when grilled over BP using DISPERSANT inside MARSHES and BAYS (VIDEO)
- BP ‘Town Hall’: Gulf residents reveal dispersants STILL in use “It’s happening everywhere in the Gulf right now” — WARNING: EXPLICIT (VIDEO)