Frothy, Funky, Foam, deniselngbch (Long Beach, MS), October 10, 2010:
The title says it all...that awful dispersed oil and foam and the horrible stench of that muratic acid like smell that makes your tongue and senses numb were prevalent today.
More reports of floating sand:
- More reports of Corexit-linked “FLOATING SAND” in Gulf — Large POWDERED blobs on surface (PHOTOS)
- MUST SEE: Pilot observes “a lot of white foamy substance never seen before and that none of us could identify from the air” (PHOTO)
- “Dispersant foam” impacting MS beaches, wetlands — “Huge thick BLANKET” of “dispersant floating in the channel” (PHOTOS)
- South of Tampa: Phones buzzing “with callers reporting oil” — WHITE BUBBLES and FOAM; Officials say “nothing out of the ordinary” (PHOTO)
- Long, SAND-colored ribbons/streamers floating in and around Apalachicola Bay, Florida (PHOTOS & VIDEOS)