City of Orange Beach AL officials discuss testing for petroleum based hydrocarbons and components of Corexit in Cotton Bayou and on Gulf Beaches, Orange Beach, AL Corexit and Oil Testing, August 26, 2010:
Kit Alexander, Engineer for the City of Orange Beach, AL:
- Possible indicators of Corexit dispersant in Cotton Bayou [see below].
- Currently testing again to confirm and fingerprint association with spill.
- Tests showed 66ppm of 'dispersant'
- Very concerned about dispersant material being located in backwaters.
Tony Kennon, Mayor for the city of Orange Beach, AL:
- I would probably would not let 4 year old in water.
Independent testing in Cotton Bayou: ALERT: 13.3 ppm of COREXIT found INLAND, near Florida border — Chemist says tests show “toxic solvent” 2-butoxyethanol that “RUPTURES red blood cells” (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
Orange Beach, AL sand tests for over 200ppm oil: WKRG tests more Gulf sand: MOST OIL YET, at 281 ppm — INFANT crawls in highly toxic puddle while family watches (VIDEO)