Exclusive: Professor who downplayed oil spill has federal government contracts, Raw Story, November 18, 2010:
The LSU professor, who spoke with Raw Story on condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation by the university [said] his impression of [Dr. Ed] Overton’s consistently rosy scientific assessments, coupled with Overton’s routine omission of full disclosure, is what’s most troubling to him.
“I think that Dr. Overton comes across as being an industry shill,” the professor offered bluntly. “He has never said anything that was not in favor of what the industry was saying and continued to minimize the effects from day one about how bad this spill and its effects would be.”
In Overton’s interview with Raw Story, he went on to say that his main reason for not disclosing his high-level contracting position with NOAA is because it would appear that he’s boasting about his accomplishments. ...
As Raw Story was wrapping up its interview with Overton, he said, “You’re trying to come up with a controversy where there is none.”
Read the report here.
Previous reports about Ed Overton:
- Ed Overton: It’s “improbable” that massive fishkill was from crude’s toxicity — Concedes hydrocarbons may have caused hypoxia
- Ed Overton reveals storms can AEROSOLIZE weathered oil and SPREAD IT AROUND (VIDEO)
- Government Analyst: Tests “DIDN’T SEE OIL” in samples of water with “HEAVY, metallic sheen”
- NOAA analyst thinks BP “has learned their lesson”
- REVEALED: Ed Overton works for Feds and helps out company responsible for largest oil disaster in U.S. history… IN 1989!
- NYT: “Water looked like chocolate syrup in some parts and Coca-Cola in others” and “Smelled like an auto-body shop” says eyewitness — Ed Overton explains “It is not oil”
- Researcher surprised by how “thick and dense” oil is on seafloor — NOAA’s Ed Overton “doubted much oil was resting on the bottom”