Oil Expert: “Real concerned about shut-in integrity test” by BP “because of the down hole damage” that “could cause it to blowout” (VIDEO)

End in sight for oil spill?, MSNBC, July 12, 2010:

Oil and gas industry expert Bob Cavnar:

I’m real concerned about this shut in integrity test they’re going to plan in the morning, because of the down hole damage that we’ve talked about for the last several weeks, plus there are some components in that blowout preventer stack, the flex joint below this new assembly that doesn’t rate the pressure I’m worried about it’s going to take to shut it in. …

[R]emember, on Memorial Day, we had the issue of shutting down the top kill in the middle of the procedure. And it shut down so quickly that there was a challenge, they thought, with down hole problem, where there was a casing failure or possible subsurface valve failure that caused them to shut it down. So, that left the casing weak, where shutting the well in could cause it to blowout underground.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

14 comments to Oil Expert: “Real concerned about shut-in integrity test” by BP “because of the down hole damage” that “could cause it to blowout” (VIDEO)

  • Personally and I mean this from the bottom of my heart,

    Hopefully there really is a very large Yellowstone Park type volcano there and it does erupt destroying all the coasts along the gulf and 500 miles inland.


  • Don Coley

    The best thing for the world is for this whole country to be destroyed.

  • Craig Stewart

    Any way you look at it. I won’t eat seafood from the Gulf for the rest of my life. It will never be above suspect.

  • Rev. Reggie Jackson

    Look I am beginning to lose confidence in the American educational system. Why is it taking BP months to figure this out!? We have some of the worlds greatest engineers and are you trying to tell me that none of them can figure this out and have a solution to capping this oil well up!?

    I don’t believe it. BP is stalling to make the matter worse and so is President Obama (I almost said Bush)!! He is allowing this to become worse to pass his Cap and Trade Bill and his Carbon Tax Bill. And these 2 bills will further ruin the economy and send us into a deeper economic tail spin.

    But that is the plan of the New World Order International Bankers/Bilderbergers/Illuminat Freemasonry devils!! They want to destroy our way of life and have us living as their slaves and serfs. They want to have us in their Orwellian world where they will have 95% of all the wealth and the world will live like scavengers off of the rest of the 5%!!

    Not to mention their coming mark of the beast chip in peoples foreheads or right hands that will make them their brainless zombie slaves!! Read Revelation 14:9-11 which tells you how you will be thrown into hell for taking that chip. Why? Because it will mean that you have sided and joined Satan and his antichrist beast leader son!!

  • Howard T. Lewis III

    Pres Obama is riding around on the end of Merlin’s Magic Wand and never will come to his senses. The King’s Counting House needs to make payroll and the Queen won’t sell her land or jewels. The media who put Pres. Obama Bendover I did their job well and now America can rue the fact that and THEY SHOULD TURN OFF THEIR GODDAMN TV SET AND DO THEIR HOMEWORK AND SEND IN THE PROS. PUT THE CFR AND QUEEN ON NOTICE THAT NO MORE WELLS ARE TO BE BLOWN, OR ELSE.
    Have a nice day.

  • I’m expecting that once this damaged well builds pressure that it’s going to cause the ‘dome’ to break, releasing oil/gases into the gulf with no way to stop it.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>




* Copy this password:

* Type or paste password here:

416,200 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress