United Gulf Festival
Presented by Gulf Change and Project Gulf Impact
- Saturday, March 12 · 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Westwego Fisherman's Market Marketplace
- 484 Sala Avenue
- Westwego, LA
This is a free concert for all fishermen (recreational and commercial), oil workers, clean up workers, concerned citizens, activists and leaders.
In addition, the first ever Gulf Coast Clean Air and Clean Water Awards will be given to individuals and groups who have answered the call to stewardship on behalf of our area, ecosystem and people.
Speakers will discuss between acts, the need for continued effort in the Gulf concerning... health, environment and ecosystem, GCCF options, moratorium/lease issues for oil workers, social resources, possible future effects, and the truth about what is still happening in our back yards.
- Senator A.G. Crowe
- Cherri Foytlin
- Kindra Arnesen, Advocate for Fishermen
- Mary Lee Orr, Louisiana Environmental Action Network
- Captain Al Walker
- Joel R. Waltzer, Louisiana Attorney
More information here.