WHERE'S THE OIL? THE DISPERSANT? IS SEAFOOD SAFE? WHY ARE RESIDENTS SICK?, Mobile Broadcast News:
In independent testing, residents of the Gulf Coast are testing positive for chemicals associated with the Gulf Oil Disaster. Seafood is showing high levels of cancer-causing hydrocarbons and other substances . What does this mean for all of us along the Coast?
Stop the Gulf Oil Disaster (stopgulfoildisaster.org) is presenting the first in a series of forums called Truth-Out for the Gulf, focused on how the Deepwater Disaster is affecting our health and daily life. There will be other forums during 2011. If you have information to share, please contact us.
Saturday, February 5th, 2011 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m
First Unitarian Universalist Church
5212 S. Claiborne
New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Wilma Subra, Louisiana physiological biochemist interviewed in the award-winning documentary "Gasland", will report on her recent tests results on the Gulf Coast. She is founder and president of the Subra Company of New Iberia. Her videos are accessible on YouTube under her name.
- Cherri Foytlin - Co-founder, Gulf Change, based in Grand Isle, Louisiana
- Dennis Rednour - Resident, Longbeach, Mississippi
- C.J. Troxler - Unemployed Shrimper, Lousiana Shrimpers' Association
- Robin Young - Guardians of the Gulf, Orange Beach, Alabama
h/t Elizabeth Cook